Sep 5, 2010

Finally going to get some R&R

For those of you who are curious about my little houseguest and the potential ones, the situation is almost resolved. Eva found a place to live and is moving in to her new place on the 15th... Less than 10 days away. And apparently Ellen came to Shanghai this weekend with her mom. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to meet up with them, but two sources of stress have since been resolved... Thankfully.

And for a little extra R&R I’m excited to go with my mom to Hangzhou and Moganshan for October holiday. While they’re really close to Shanghai and I’m not going far for the holiday, I’m already looking forward to a few days out of Shanghai. I’ve always wanted to go to Hangzhou and Moganshan. Hangzhou is famous for this really pretty lake, but I have a feeling its going to be overloaded with Chinese tourists. So after two days bumming it with all the 2308234098324 tourists, my mom and I are going here for a few days of solitude, nature, bamboo forests, long strolls and some book reading (and maybe article writing). While it’s not home, it’s certainly a much needed holiday and trip out of Shanghai. We both need it, for sure.

Happy Labor Day!!!

No comments: