Aug 18, 2010

好久不见! That means long time no see.

I’m not going to lie. August has been a crazy month, hence the lack of postings. Between switching responsibilities at work, my old roommate staying with me in Shanghai for a week, the arrival of my mom in Shanghai and saying goodbye to two close friends and a boyfriend who have all moved away from China, I’ve had little time for myself let alone NYAFC. So readers, I’m sorry.

I’m excited for the upcoming months though. Hopefully there will be some improvement in my Chinese (I’ve been taking lessons since June – yay!), a bit of travel, funny stories from Mom as she adjusts to living in Shanghai and a trip home in the near future – I’m more than ready to see old friends. Anyway, stay tuned and keep commenting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Katherine. This is Jon Michael Schiavone, your old neighbor and newspaper pal.

The other day I was outside getting the mail when I ran into Mrs. Bubel and we made some conversation. As it turns out, I'm leaving tomorrow to Los Angeles, where I'll stay a few days before I fly out to Zhengzhou (which is in northeast China). I got a job there at the university, where I'll be teaching English for a year. She told me you were there already, and sent me your blog. Pretty cool stuff.

What are you up to in China? Where are you staying?

Say hi to your mom for me. She was one of my favorite teachers growing up.