Jan 24, 2011

Mama Hu Hu in America



This will be my only commentary about Prez Hu’s visit to America, and I'm sharing China Daily’s front pages on Thursday and Friday. Great headlines, eh? No, I was not the mastermind behind those, unfortunately. I also like the the picture choices. Obama admiring the great Hu. And then a friendly handshake between the leaders of the two biggest economies in the world. This is not a fashion blog, but I do have to say I loveee the first lady’s gown. Red was a good choice.

Update: For you non-Chinese speakers, I guess I should have explained the title. There’s a famous Chinese idiom/word “mama huhu” to which the literal translation is “horse horse tiger tiger.” Basically it means “so-so”

A: How to you like your fried rice?
B: It’s “mama huhu” (so-so)

The title was meant to be funny – although I don’t know how funny it is if I have to explain it.

No comments: