Jan 27, 2011

生日快乐!

So today is my birthday. Yippeee! Another year older and none the wiser. It’s kind of anticlimactic having a birthday so close to the spring festival (which is on Tuesday), because everyone is leaving. I made sure to schedule a little pre-bday celebration on Saturday so that I would for sure have some kind of tribute to my 25th year of life. If I were to describe it in one word I would have to say: Wow.

But today was nothing overly special at the office. In fact, I made my own birthday cake – which was totally worth it. I haven’t eaten a cake-from-a-box in a long time. Chinese people don’t really like super sweet things (their loss) and so that majority of the cakes here are pretty unappetizing. But this cake? Another wowzer. And luckily not everyone wanted a peice. More for me at home!

So I brought the cake to the office and it was a big hit. Except when I told my psudo boss that is was my birthday he goes “Are you going to treat everyone to a special meal?” It’s strange, but that’s the custom: you buy on your birthday. Luckily It’s week four of a crazy busy week and I didn’t have time to treat everyone to a big lunch. Hopefully they won’t remind me on Friday.

No comments: