Mar 10, 2011

From NYAFC to CD

There are many, many times when I look at my life and think “Wow, how did this happen?” – both good and bad. And luckily this post is all about the good. I’ve been holding out with telling you few readers about my life plans, but I’ve got a column being published on Sunday that I’m kind of proud of and think it’s time to let the cat out of the bag.

Well, dear readers, yours truly will (eventually) be co hosting a TV show here in China… and for now, I'll have a weekly column pertaining to the show’s topic. I secretly have always wanted to do broadcast journalism, but just thought that my passion and interest in writing would be better fulfilled in print media – although I also never saw myself working at a newspaper! But when my psuedo boss told me about this new opportunity I was all over it. It's not exactly "journalism" (but what in China is?) but it is TV experience and something that is one step in the right direction for me to achieve my goals.

Not only am I excited about a potential break in to TV, I’m also really excited to have what will soon be a weekly column. I’ve enjoyed posting on NYAFC because I feel like it’s kind of column like and I can make it my own. When I got started writing this new column, I had a little trouble with the first few though. I mean, I'm young and what could I possibly have to say that is that original and interesting? But after some advice from the editors up in Beijing, I think I’ve found what can be my “voice” for this CD column.

The TV appearances have yet to start, but you can be sure I’ll let y’all know when I make my TV debut in China. Actually, it will be my second debut as (I’m told) my appearance on Wheel of Fortune also aired in China.

By the way, if any of you are interested in seeing past articles I’ve written go here and you can see what yours truly has been up to. I realize that this kind of gives up my attempt to be “anonymous” but whatever. This blog really isn’t that popular anyway. The list is a little slim, but keep in mind, most of my job is rewriting what the Chinese staff have (usually poorly) written.


No comments: